Saturday 18 August 2012

What's so interesting about...?


Yesterday, I had an idea about something new for this blog. I remember vaguely having said that I wanted to write short posts about different types of extinct organisms and concepts and controversies in paleontology, and now know how I want to do it.

I will create a new page called What’s so interesting about…, where I will put all texts, storing them for easy access; I will also make each text as a post on the normal flow, so you can see when there is something new! Otherwise, texts on other pages do not appear among the posts.

For example, the first text will probably be about dinosaurs. Then, I will write a post called “What’s so interesting about dinosaurs?”, and put the same text on the page What’s so interesting about… under the title “… dinosaurs?”. This way, followers can see when there is a new text, and, later, as time goes and subsequent posts make that text tiresome to find, new readers can see it under the What’s so interesting about… page.

The whole point of calling them “what’s so interesting about…” is to give the texts something to focus on: what makes that particular subject fascinating. It should prevent me from babbling endlessly about topics I am too passionate about, and it might help me reflect about what I really do like about these things. 

However, I will probably not initiate this idea yet. I need to focus on writing the fell hiking post, and on my stone collection slideshow. That might easily take most of my time before I am off to Bristol (yay!), and there I expect that there will be a lot to write about in the first month(s). But we’ll see…  

No comments:

Post a Comment