Monday 13 August 2012

Short note


We took our uncles to the forest to pick mushrooms today. We were fairly lucky, and found enough to make a nice risotto for dinner tonight. But, for this blog, I just wanted to show you a few pictures of a find that connects back to one of my previous explorations in the forest – see Self-trip in the forest at home.

Recall that I found several windthrown trees associated with what seemed like ephemeral pools of rain water and came to the conclusion that the forest had mostly superficial bedrock, or thin soil. A tree I found today quite clearly confirms my suspicion.






2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just discovered your blog and as it is often nice to have some feedback, I just wanted to let you know that I really like it. It's very interesting to read and it's great to see your passion for what you're doing and studying! You should never loose this... :) And continue the writing, it is very interesting for other people! (I discovered your blog, because I wanted to know something about the geology of Uppland and found some of your posts very helpful for that.)

    Best wishes
    Lisa from Germany, currently in Uppsala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :D It's always great to hear other's thoughts ^^ I truly appreciate it, and you came at a perfect timing: just when I was wavering about writing something for today or not :) now you bet I will! hihi

    Regards

    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete