Tuesday 31 July 2012

More prepared for fell hiking


I spent most of yesterday gathering everything I need to bring, putting everything in plastic bags (my backpack is not water-proof) and packing it in an efficient way. Late in the evening, it was finished (barring a few items that were forgotten or need to be acquired today).

The result was very comforting: I fit everything essential, with a slight margin (!), and it weighed significantly less than I feared. Two of us were hiking last year, and they seriously warned that the backpack would weight in the range 17-20 kg, but I made it at only 14 kg! (That is, not including the portable stove that a friend and I will share and take turns in carrying, the tent – which weighs about 3 kg, but can comfortably be carried in the hand, like a regular bag – nor the 0.5 l (=0.5 kg) water bottle to attach to the waist belt.)

The last preparations to be made are to completely finish the packing, and to test out how to raise the tent.

This is going to be so great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment