Thursday 5 July 2012

Coming soon...


Wow! So many things have happened in a week’s time that I want to write about here. Now I’m just here to tell you about what is coming up, because it will take some time to prepare the texts and material. I have a paid job now for three weeks (one of the things I want to tell about), so I have less time than before for actual writing, so it might take (even) longer before I am done…

Apart from the job, and the fascinating thing I found there (!), I made another forest trip on my own initiative, taking some photos of some rather spectacular findings, and, more importantly, discovered a large amount of medium-sized rocks heaped under and near a railway that goes through my home village (or whatever you would call it), Vänge, where I picked up a few cool rocks – and in that moment decided to build up a rock and mineral collection! I have been thinking and looking around in Vänge for other sites where I could find more accumulations of handy-sized, loose rocks (not too small to be of note, and not too large to be cumbersome to carry and store). Although the entire railway seems to be laid over a layer of such rocks, I will not follow it, simply because of the danger it would bring: its flanks are full of dense vegetation, so it could be difficult to get away far enough if a train comes, and, a few days ago, when I prospected at one of the two railway crossings and a train came, I was quite stunned by its force – you could hear the rails vibrate vigorously already half a minute before the train arrived, and it passed with such a thunderous roar that is seriously frightened me – I had never imagined it would have been so… so… so much. Anyway, my point is, although there could surely be a gold mine of intriguing rocks there, it is not worth the risk, however small, of an accident happening.

So I will be looking for safe places to search for impressive rocks with peace in mind and serenity in body. I already have though of two such locations, and there are parts of Vänge I have not explored much at all, so it is definitely worth checking out sometime, and there is always the forest (which, actually, might be more interesting, because there is a much greater chance that the rocks there are indigenous, and, knowing their natural environment, one might be able to say more about or tell more from them).

Of course, the rock collection has barely started, so I will not make a post about it in the near future – I must build it first! – and, moreover, I plan to make a video clip with a photo gallery of the rocks – a more flashy way to display them – which will take even more time. (Blame a good friend of mine, Oliver, music student at the University of Sussex in Brighton, England, who, having his own website about film music (http://www.filmscore.se), approved of my nature clips with exaggeratedly epic background music and encouraged me to produce more and longer such – and what way to flash up a slideshow of a collection of dead rocks better than accompanying it with equally epic music, just a lot more of it! Mwuahaha!! I am crazy, and I intend to make the most of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment