Thursday 12 July 2012

Work find II

Well I'll be – I found another vertebra in a sample at work today (see previous post)!! At least, I am pretty sure it is a vertebra. 

The pictures are not very good, but at least the last of the three shows its characteristic shape (sort of...). Just trust me, it looks far better under a stereoloupe.







It is much larger than the others, at least twice the size, and the form is slightly different – more... compact – than the earlier ones, but still similar to pictures of fish vertebra I saw on a Google Images search yesterday. The first type I found look pretty much like these:


The one I found today is more similar to these: 


So, I now have more to examine, and perhaps to compare with the previous finds! My, what an interesting time lies ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment