Friday 31 May 2013

Motivation restored. Inspiration needed.

After two and a half days of rest, it feels like I have been doing nothing for a week. While my body keeps getting more and more lazy, my mind is also growing restless.

Today, when my good friend Hanna, who wants to become a proffessional writer, told me she is getting another of her poems published in an anthology, I felt that tiny sting of jealousy that I probably needed to get my arse off the comfy armchair and want to do something with my time.

So, that sparked my motivation to write for this blog tonight.

The downside is that I lack inspiration at the moment.

I have a few ideas, but I would need to experiment with them and think them through over a couple of days before I make any promises. I might instead write a to-do list for myself. (Perhaps I'll even publish that here, to really make myself accomplish them all...)

I already have a few projects going on here already, but I do not feel inspired to work on them right now. I am just in that state where I want to come up with something new and ground-breaking... I'll need a good long think to do that!

Tomorrow, I am going on a trip to Lyme Regis or somewhere near on a fossil hunt together with the host family I will be living with in Bristol, as a lodger, next year. There may be fossils of Jurassic marine reptiles there – actual vertebrates! So, tomorrow I will surely have something new and exciting to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment