Monday 28 January 2013

Coming up

I am currently gathering notes for the more exhaustive post on the philosophical strengths and limitations of the sicentific method I promised a while ago. The debates I have fought since the first, stubby, provocative post showed me that not as many as I expected are familiar with the basics of logical reasoning and the fundamental so-called Ways of Knowing (a concept of ToK, a subject unique to the International Baccalaurate, described briefly in an earlier post), so I think it is essential to make a thorough introduction to those first; I will also need quite some time to recap and organise what has been discussed since, and to try to give an organised, all-encompassing account of the topic... What I am saying is that I expect that this will take a long time to complete. (Luckily, it is rather calm on the schoolwork front at the moment.)

Until then, have a think about what makes paleontology a 'science'. (This is another topic of interest of mine, and I might challenge it sometime later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment