Wednesday 31 July 2013

A break

Lately, I have been thinking about taking a break from blogging now until university starts again in mid-September.

First of all, I want to prepare properly for the second year of university, because now the grades are really important, and I suspect it will be harder than last year. I want to analyse the mistakes I made in the first year, research what they will expect of us this time, and design a strategy to meet those expectations as efficiently as I can. First year was more about testing how far I could reach with only half-hearted efforts; I came really close to a so-called two-one grade, which is the second highest, but now I want to be serious about excelling.

Second, from mid-August, my good friend Hanna will come back to Sweden, so I want to spend as much time as possible with her and Tim, because they will stay here the whole of next year, so will see even less of them than I did last year. Therefore, I basically have until mid-August to make most of the preparations for university.

Third, I want to make a serious effort to get my creative writing started again. I have been half-thinking about some ideas since last summer, but barely got started. But, with my plans to study more intensely and to exercise more, I won’t have much time left for creative writing if I also keep two blogs running. However, I will probably leave the writing to commence for real until after the start of university, so I can judge if I really have the time.

My intention is not to stop writing for any of these blogs, not at all! I will probably throw in a few casual posts per month, writing when I feel inspired or when something noteworthy happens. What I am taking a break from is the efforts to write regularly. So, in a sense, the posts in the near future will only be special ones, haha!  

No comments:

Post a Comment