Tuesday 19 November 2013

Reflection

Yesterday, I forgot to publish the post I had written. Ironically, I was writing about how well it has worked to persevere with publishing every day! So, today will be a double day, the second post to follow shortly.

I was amazed to notice that I have managed to keep the daily blogging up for now over two weeks! So, today will be a day to relax and reflect upon these weeks.

Part of me feels pride over the d thus far, but another part is glad to know that it wasn't as demanding as I had first feared. Sure, a couple of times I have had to write some posts on my phone or on a school computer (I'm not used to an English keyboard... keep pressing the wrong buttons, having trouble finding symbols, and so on), which is less... comfy, but doing so taught me that (a) it is really not that tricky once you get into it and (b) ideas and inspiration can come when you lest expect it and it is important to be able to capture those thoughts the moment you have them.

Most importantly, though, I feel that this is re-sparking my natural curiosity and passion for paleontology, which has been smothered by academic studies, and still is to some extent. I feel it is rewarding, because I find it exciting - a sensation I thought was lost forever.

Speaking of reflection, have you ever wondered why your reflection in the mirror is inverted from left to right, but not up and down?

No comments:

Post a Comment