Sunday 3 June 2012

When not doing anything...

With the submission of my dinosaur essay, I have completed my studies for this academic year. It’s summerbreak!!

But, this week, the weather has been awful, so I have been expanding my music library with lots of film score (background music), and enjoying computer games. Not much paleontology about that… 

So, I have also been thinking about how to keep this blog going while I am not doing any paleontology-related stuff, which I regrettably will not be doing all the time. Before I came up with this idea, I started on a homepage about dinosaurs – DinoLore – but, lately, I realised that I am not very motivated to keep it up. I am simply not motivated enough, because it takes too much work before I could get to the interesting parts: too many concepts to explain before I could spark a discussion. Therefore, I am considering shutting it down and transferring some of my plans to this blog instead. For instance, I could write short texts about different fossil groups, good paleontology-related books and tv-shows, and maybe even have a section with paleo-news or long-standing mysteries. There is much more to paleontology than just fieldtrips, and I want to show the other sides too.

1 comment: